Monday, March 5, 2012

Confirmed: No more Muppets for Jason Segel

Jason Segel has confirmed that he won't be starring in The Muppets sequel.
The actor and screenwriter had a big hand in bringing the puppets back to the big screen last year, getting the film into production, co-writing the script with Nicholas Stoller and starring as Gary, but he told Collider his Muppet days are behind him and that his main goal had been to "set the stage for them to do whatever they wanted".
When asked about rumours he won't be involved in the sequel, which is in the planning stages, Jason said: "It's true but it's totally amicable.
"My goal was to bring The Muppets back and I did that leaving them in very good hands, my writing partner and James Bobin the director.
"I did what I set out to do, and now I wanna pursue more human-related projects."
Although the 32-year-old won't be penning or starring in the follow-up, he hinted that he might be involved in some way.
"I'm sure I'll return in some capacity here and there, but that was half a decade of my life. Five years of hard work. I'm ready for a little puppet break," said the star.